The student news site of Westwood High School.

Westwood Horizon

Westwood Horizon

Westwood Horizon

Varsity Tennis Win District Champions

• Westwood Student Press
  • Westwood Student Press
  • Westwood Student Press

The Varsity Tennis team took their 20th District Championship and fifth consecutive on October 2. Jasmine Filut ‘17 was the last match the team needed to claim Districts once again and beat McNeil in a dominant match 10-0.
“I am proud of myself and team because of how hard we word together,” Filut ‘17 said.

This was a great win for the team, but also something that was expected because of their seeding as one in the district and eight in the state. The Area tournament is coming up for the team on October 21 through the 23, which is a very tough tournament with high ranked teams such as Lake Travis and Westlake. The team is training hard with a goal in mind of going to Regionals this year.

“I wanted to put Westwood tennis back on the maps as a state powerhouse when I got here, and I think we’ve officially done that,” Coach Travis Dalrymple said. “Three straight years of being ranked top ten in the state and five straight district championships, it’s been very awesome. I am very proud of this accomplishment. Let’s enjoy it, let’s celebrate it, but get back to work next week and start getting ready for our real goals which are go to Regionals, and continue to be top ten in the state. Let’s make some damage; let’s make some noise.”