StuCo Hosts Halloween Party

• Sofia Goff ’20 and Jerry Hernandez ’21 paint the pumpkin together.

• Maddie Broward ’20 and Latham Robinson ’18 talk about their plans for Halloween.

• Ms. Martinez takes pictures of the students’ pumpkins.

• Cassidy Teets ’19 and Federico Garcia-Arrese ’19 pick out their pumpkins.

• Julian Miller ’18 and Cecilia Bibbo ’18 brainstorm their plans for their pumpkin.

• Sophomores Shea Sturdevant, Sofia Goff, and Anaita Merchant socialize while enjoying their drinks.

To celebrate Halloween, Student Council volunteers organized a spooky party for fellow students on Tuesday, Oct. 31.

“A lot of my friends ended up going so it gave me a chance to hang out, which we don’t normally do because [we have] classes,” Anaita Merchant ‘20 said.

During the party, the students were able to indulge in Halloween-themed food while conversing with each other.

“By accessing volunteer donations, we were able to garner a lot of snacks such as chips, soda, [and] cookies,” Frank Lai ‘20  said. “Overall, everyone seemed really happy with the food there. The food was great and the environment was also awesome.”

In addition to food, the celebration included several activities, such as pumpkin painting.

“[Pumpkin painting was] just a creative outlet for students to have fun painting,” Alice Zhang ‘20 said. “Rather than carving, which would be messy and [considerably] more difficult, we decided painting is still fun and very much aligned with the Halloween spirit.”

The fun party offered a competitive feel with the Guess How Much Candy Corn is in the Jar Contest and pumpkin painting contests.The festivities also offered a unique opportunity for students to interact and form friendships.

“Often at school I’m busy with academics and other extracurricular activities,” Lai said. “I think this was a good opportunity for me to talk to [people].”

After the success of the Halloween Social, Student Council is considering to hold more socials and activities including all students.

“We definitely had a great turnout and it was so fun to see all of the kids hang out and play,” Khadeeja Shah ‘19 said. “I’m not sure if we have anything planned right now, but I think we would definitely be open to [having more events] in the future.”