Westwood Horizon

Student Council Hosts Day to Dress Up as Memes

Students had the opportunity to dress up as their favorite memes on Wednesday, Sept. 26. Wednesday was one of five dress-up days hosted by Student Council in support of the Battle For the Bell, a popular rivalry with Round Rock High School.

About the Writers
Katie Chung, Video Editor
I am a senior pursuing a dream in film. I love capturing news and stories through moving pictures. When I’m not caught up in the storm of college applications and portfolios, I love discovering creators on YouTube and watching movies of all kinds. My latest obsession are the Mission Impossible series and figuring out how Tom Cruise’s stunts are filmed in real life. I am also an avid learner of the languages of the world and wish to someday become a polyglot.
Catherine Wiesehuegel, Reporter
My life basically consists of playing lacrosse and doing homework but when I have a moment to myself I can be found jamming out to my favorite songs or reading a book. My music taste changes as often as the weather, ranging from Pop to Rap to Alternative and even Classical at times. I'm clumsy and a total nerd, but you can always count on me to get things done.
Ian Drerup, Reporter
Hey, I’m not sure what I do in Student Press yet, but hopefully I’ll do it well. I play guitar and drums, as well as Dungeons and Dragons, which is why my stupid band is called Drummers and Dragons. My best friends are my cat and my dog. I look forward to writing articles and taking pictures. I don’t know how to talk to people.
Bernice Chen, Reporter
This is my first year on the Student Press staff, and I’m eager to get started reporting. When I’m not writing or doing homework, I like to browse Twitter, listen to my favorite music, and use my computer. I also love spending time with my family and chatting with my friends online.
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Student Council Hosts Day to Dress Up as Memes”

1. Rustin on September 26th, 2018 11:46 pm

I literally don’t think I’ve seen the student body having more fun or being closer than we were today. Can we please do this again

2. DeeDee on September 28th, 2018 2:35 am

My kid, a Westwood student, showed me this video today and added an additional tutorial on some miscellaneous (and totally hilarious) Vines. We bonded over it, so yeah…I definitely think StuCo should have the students do Dress Up As Your Favorite Meme day again!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.