Westwood Horizon

JV Football Suffers Defeat Against McNeil 37-14

By Ian Drerup, Reporter

On Thursday, Oct. 4, the JV football took on the McNeil Mavericks and lost 37-14.  

Diego Gonzalez ‘21 scored the first touchdown of the game, and a two-point conversion starting the game with a score of 8-0. The Mavericks didn’t allow the Warriors to be in the lead long though, and scored the next two touchdowns. By the end of the first quarter, the Mavericks were in the lead with a score of 13-8.

“We can do better, we always make mistakes it’s just about how you respond to them that matters,” Aaron Hanson ‘21 said.

Both teams did their best but it seemed that no one scored any points in the second quarter, until with three seconds to go, the Mavericks scored a field goal, bringing the score to 16-8.

“We aren’t doing that good right now, we just need to play as a team and focus on winning and not ourselves,” William Mckee ‘21 said.

In the third quarter, the Mavericks scored their third touchdown, finishing the quarter with a score of 23-8.

“We started off the game really well, but then we slowed down a bit,” William Ramage ‘20 said.

Carson Alegnani ‘21 scored the Warriors’ second touchdown for his team. The team tried to their best, but the Mavericks were able to get two more touchdowns before the end of the game. The Mavericks won with a score of 37-14.

“It feels really good, mainly I just want to help my team out,” Alegnani said. “We’re like a family and with me doing my best I know they’ll do their best too.”

The JV football teams’ next game will be against the Vandegrift Vipers on Oct. 18 at the Monroe Stadium.

About the Contributors
Ian Drerup, Reporter

Hey, I’m not sure what I do in Student Press yet, but hopefully I’ll do it well. I play guitar and...

Kathryn Markovitz, Photographer

This will be my first year on Student Press, and I’m excited about it! When I’m not doing what seems...