Westwood Horizon

JV Cross Country Prepares For District Meet In Pre-District Race

By Nima Ashtari, Reporter

Adam Kelley '19 enjoys the race.

On Thursday, Oct. 4, the JV Cross Country team returned to Old Settlers Park for the second time this season to compete in the Pre-District meet.

This meet gives runners the chance to see all the district’s other athletes in the same race for the first time, and to identify any personal weaknesses that they can polish up in order to be prepared for the actual district competition on Oct. 11. The race was only 3200m (2 miles), so runners also got a break from the physical stress of the usual 5K.

“This race felt great because it was a familiar course for us,” Adam Tomsio ‘19 said. “We all came out, ran our hardest, and had a great time doing it and motivating each other.”

The district meet will be held next Thursday, Oct. 11 at the same location, but on a 5K course. The top three teams out of the nine in the district will advance all of their runners to the regional meet, accompanied by the top 10 individuals. 

About the Contributors
Nima Ashtari, Reporter
This is my first year on staff, and I am so excited to start writing! I enjoy watching most sports, especially soccer, and I’m on the varsity track & cross country teams here at Westwood. I love music, and I played the piano for 8 years before quitting last year. In my free time, I will most likely be reading a book, running in the neighborhood, or making new Spotify playlists.  
Colton Roberts, Photographer
I got into photography in the spring of my sophomore year, and this is my first year in student press. If you wanna check out some of my other photos, go to @coltonrobertsphotos on instagram! Outside of photography, I really enjoy the outdoors, making music, and I run track and cross country. I also like traveling :)