Students Attend Homecoming Dance

• The entrance to the dance had a table for parent sponsors to check students in.

Pacesetter Historians
  • The hallway lights are covered by butcher paper to create a more disco look to the dance.

Pacesetter Historians
  • The tables for students to sit at are covered with glittery ribbons.

Pacesetter Historians
  • Centerpieces are placed at every table.

Pacesetter Historians
  • Streamers hang at the entrance to the coat room.

Pacesetter Historians
  • Balloons are used to decorate the entire dance.

Pacesetter Historians
  • A backdrop for students to take pictures in larger groups.

Pacesetter Historians
  • An overview of the seating area.

Pacesetter Historians
  • Sign pointing to the food students can eat.

Pacesetter Historians
  • Sign pointing to photo booth and volunteer check-in.

Pacesetter Historians
  • An overview of decorations.

Pacesetter Historians
  • More tables are placed inside the cafeteria to provide ample space for students to sit.

Pacesetter Historians

The disco-themed Homecoming Dance took place on Saturday, Oct. 20. The dance was organized by the Pacesetters and hundreds of students came to enjoy dancing and the food with friends.

The dance was in the back end of the school from the cafeteria into the hallway. The tables were decked out in silver small streamers and there were strobe lights towards the front near the stage. Curtains surrounded the cafeteria to separate the dance from the other activities in the back.

“I thought the decorations actually looked really well and went with the theme,” Elin Park ‘21 said. “I was surprised how well the disco theme went along with with the entire concept of the dance because it had a party-like effect.”

In the back of the cafeteria, there was popcorn, cookies, Jim Jim’s Ice, and water for students to eat and drink. After dancing for a long time, several people came out here to rest and have a snack with their friends. However, the majority of attendees were dancing in the cafeteria.

“The music was great, in my opinion,” Costaki Skevofilax ‘20 said. “It was something everyone could dance to. The dance was a lot of fun and the decorations looked amazing.”

Other than dancing, students could also take pictures at the photo booth and receive two photo booth strips to take home. Next to the photo booth was the coatroom, where students could keep their things until it was time to leave.

“The dance was pretty fun; a few of my friends were there with me dancing their heads off,” Rachel Chen ‘22 said. “The photo booth was really fun, but the music wasn’t that great. Overall, I really enjoyed the Homecoming dance, especially because we could take funny pictures with props and keep them.”

The theme, decorations, food, and all of the hard work put in by the Pacesetters came together to form an exhilarating and enjoyable experience for all students.