Students Attend Valentine’s Day Dance

• Anjie Ashar ’20 cracks jokes with her Ayesha Arni ’19 at the annual Valentines Day dance.

• Students enjoy taking pictures at the heart-themed photo booth.

In an effort to spread love and appreciation, students hosted the annual Valentine’s Day dance for students from across the district on Feb. 16, in the Westwood cafeteria. The dance began at 6 p.m. and finished at 8 p.m., and offered various amenities such as snacks and treats to munch on and crafts to create.

“My favorite part of the night was getting to meet all the students from around the district,” Sarah Sayyar ‘20 said. “It was a lot of fun for the volunteers, including myself, to get to make the night special for so many new students.”

Prior to the dance, students from various organizations such as National Honor Society (NHS), National Art Honor Society (NAHS) and Student Council (StuCo) banded together to create a wonderland of pink streamers and confetti filled balloons. Tables were scattered with various craft items to create cards for their buddy and vice versa.

“I decided to volunteer as a buddy because I felt it was a great opportunity to meet new people and help the students have the best night possible,” Sayyar said.

This years dance included separate rooms for parents to reside in while their child enjoyed  the dance, as well as a “quiet room,” where students could make friendship bracelets with the cheerleaders.

“I thought it as a really good idea to have the quiet room,” Mckenna Stogdill ‘20 said, “since lots of the students are sensitive to certain stimulus like loud music and they may have needed a quiet too rom cool down in so they they didn’t get overwhelmed.”