Seniors Participate In Senior Walks In Elementary and Middle Schools

• Jason Math ’19 high fives a kindergartener as he walks down the hall.

• Seniors from Spicewood Elementary School pose for a picture in the library.

• The seniors pose for a group photo.

• Seniors walk down a hallway as parents, students, and teachers congratulate them.

• Seniors Lizzie Deal and Seren Lind walk through Canyon Vista on their last day of school.

• Amy Ma ’19 looks around as she enters Canyon Vista.

• Azaan Moledina ’19 looks at a Spicewood student, high-fiving them as he passes.

• Maggie Stout ’19 smiles as she high fives the students.

• Harsha Jandhyala ’19 shakes hands with Principal Mario Acosta.

• Stephanie Jbeily ’19 smiles as she sees her teachers from middle school.

• Seniors Cole Gardner and Somil Gupta laugh as they pose for the group picture.

From Monday, May 20 to Thursday, May 23, seniors participated in walks that took place in the feeder elementary and middle schools to celebrate their graduations from Westwood, while parents, students, and teachers honored the graduating class. Seniors who had previously attended Canyon Creek Elementary School and Anderson Mill Elementary School kicked off the week, and past attendees of Canyon Vista Middle School wrapped up the processions.

“I loved going back to Canyon Creek and Grisham to see all the teachers that enriched my learning experience so much,” Chinmaya Andukuri ‘19 said. “It’s great to see old teachers so excited about our success and ambitions, and I think that’s something really special about Round Rock ISD.”

For some, the opportunity to roam the halls of their previous schools provided a bit of nostalgia. Students acknowledged the change in perspective that they experienced while walking through the halls.

“Going back was a really eye-opening experience for me because I got a totally different perspective of everything,” Michelle Huang ‘19 said. “The gyms and the halls all seemed so much bigger when I was little and a lot of the teachers from my graduating year have already moved on or changed jobs, and the ones who were still there recognized a lot of us. I could tell a lot of them were proud to see us come this far.”

Graduation then awaited the seniors, which took place on Friday, May 24 at the H-E-B Center.