The student news site of Westwood High School.

Westwood Horizon

Westwood Horizon

Westwood Horizon

Annual East Austin Studio Tour Returns

Erik A Ellison
The sun rising over the Wells Fargo building in Austin, TX in February 2013

On Nov. 14-15 and 21-22, artists will open up their studios for the East Austin Studio Tour (EAST). EAST takes place in a variety of homes, shops, and studios. The event will host 287 Artist Studios and 152 exhibitors, all open to the public for free.

The event is self guided;attendees are welcome to walk or drive to different venues scattered throughout Austin. Because of this, attendees can pick and choose which artists to visit and what they want to do.

EAST is family friendly and open to all ages. Some artists have hands-on activities for those who wish to learn about their works and how the artists create masterpieces. Other artists display their work around their studios for people to look at and enjoy. Most participating artists have works for sale, such as sculptures, paintings, or jewelry.

Overall, EAST provides the public with an opportunity to immerse themselves in art and meet some of the people who make Austin a vibrant place to live.

For more information on EAST, visit its website.