JV Orange Volleyball Sweeps Hendrickson Hawks

• The team celebrates their 2-0 win against the Hawks.

• Purvi Mukumdar ’19 steps up the serve in the second set.

• The team huddles up getting ready for their last game of the season.

• Ingrid Stading ’19 hits back a hard spike.

• Macy Prenger ’19 celebrates their win of the first set.

• Cassie Jackson ’18 starts the second set with a strong serve.

Westwood Student Press
  • Abigail Rucker ’20 sets the ball high for Cassie Jackson ’18.

• Zoe Menendez ’20 jumps up to spike the ball.

JV Orange volleyball ended the season well in their 2-0 defeat of the Hendrickson Hawks on Senior Night. Although no one on this team is a senior, this team shows the potential and talent for the future of Warrior volleyball.

Beginning the match with a great serve from Abigail Rucker ‘20, the Warriors started off the set with the first point. With strong blocks from Cassie Jackson ‘18 and Audrey Quesnel ‘20 the Warriors continued getting most of the points driving Hendrickson to call their first timeout. Cassie Jackson ‘18 served the last point of the match with an ace. Giving up only 11 points the Warriors took the win in the first set 25-11.

“The whole first set we had control because of communication we were able to dominate the set, and the rest of the game. They way we started that set was the way we’ve always wanted to start, and was great that we could accomplish that by the end of the season,” JV Orange coach Brissa Ochoa said. “Throughout the season we talked about defense and serve consistency, which we were able to improve and statistically reach our goal. By the end of the season we really came together as a team to accomplish our goals.”

Hendrickson started with ball in the second set, but that didn’t stop the Warriors from getting to first point of the set with a brilliant spike from Jenny Todd ‘19. Hendrickson fought back hard wanting to go into a third set as they called a timeout at 20-21. Coach Ochoa got her team back into focus and they pulled a win from the second set 25-23, finishing strong in their last game of the season in two sets.