Westwood Horizon

Academy Ambassadors to Hold Informational Meeting for Application Process

By Sara Momin, Assistant News Editor

For students wanting to become Academy Ambassadors in the 2018-2019 year, a meeting will be held on Monday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. to give information about the signup process, requirements, and other necessities.

The goal of Academy Ambassadors is to become a representative of their academy, or the field that their 4 year elective is a part of. By doing events such as traveling to middle schools and business, the program hopes to ready high school students for college and the future. For example, when students meet professionals in the field, students are able to learn speech and work skills, which they then apply to their everyday life.

Any student can be an Academy Ambassador — all students need is an academy program that they intend to finish with an endorsement, which is already needed for graduation. Students also need to be willing to work hard and come to the monthly meetings, where future events will be planned.

The deadline for signup is soon, and while this meeting is not mandatory, the compiled information given there will help prepare students to apply.

About the Writer
Sara Momin, Assistant News Editor
When I'm not writing, I listen to music a lot, like a lot, and I also love to dance. I can draw (barely) and I usually do it to relax during my free time. Tiara is my spirit animal (spirit princess?) and I love The Princess and The Frog with my entire being.  I love collecting rubber ducks and I have a small collection hoarded away in the back of my closet. If you need me, I'll probably be dying due to IB homework in the lunchroom or in the journalism room.