Westwood Horizon

French Students Create Infomercials During Class

By Ruhee Nemawarkar, Reporter

On Thursday, Feb. 7, French II Pre-AP/IB students participated in a project to imitate real French infomercials in Madame Barbara Brandon-Suliin’s french class. The students picked a hygienic product, like toothpaste or shampoo, and made a commercial in French trying to persuade their classmates to buy the product.

“[It was fun] that we were able to work together to put this together,” Aria Hegde ‘22 said. “We were supposed to make it funny too, so we said our toothpaste could cure cancer.”

The students had been learning about daily routines, and were assigned to create an infomercial using the vocabulary they had used throughout the unit. The point of the exercise was to get the students to be immersed in French culture and expand their knowledge about French media. It gave the students an opportunity to be creative, and find unique ways to practice the language.

“I really liked the amount of creativity we got to use in this project,” Leila Allebe ‘22 said. “It was a lot different than our other projects.”

About the Contributors
Ruhee Nemawarkar, Reporter

This is my first half-year on press and I am so excited to write for Student Press! When I’m not at...

Rosie Deal, Reporter

When I'm not at school, I can be found playing soccer, drawing or painting, or listening to music. I...