Westwood Horizon

Thirst Project Recap

By Anouka Saha, Morale Officer

Over the course of the year, National Honor Society (NHS) has been raising money for the Thirst Project, with the goal of building a well in Africa. Most of the money raised came from collecting change and Warrior Fest.

“This year we decided to do a field day themed event with club booths, a petting zoo, lots of sports to play, a talent show, and a giant Kahoot,” Nupur Sampat ‘19 said. “Organizing the event was so much fun because we put our hearts into creating an enjoyable event for people while keeping in mind the goal of raising money.”

All the members’ hard work paid off, as they were able to raise $10491.30, exceeding their original goal of $10000. This was a huge success compared to last year, when they fell short of their target.

“I think it’s so cool how everyone comes together for a common cause,” Brianna Brown ‘20 said. “It was a lot of hard work, but in the end, we were able to do something nice for the world.”

About the Writer
Anouka Saha, Morale Officer
When I'm not in student press, I'm usually playing piano, reading, or watching TV shows (Avatar: The Last Airbender is my favorite!). My favorite musician is Amy Winehouse and I'm also a member of Westwood’s choir program. I enjoy sending bad memes to my friends. In addition, I am a huge fan of Chuy’s creamy jalapeno dip.